Ask and Ye Shall Be Kissed
9:00 PM | Author: 3L

My walk with God has been an interesting journey. I grew up believing in Him and praying to him. I 'm so grateful that I was not taught doctrine was I was young because it gave me a chance to get to know Him personally. I can remember saying my prayers just before bedtime:

Now I lay me down to sleep. I pray the Lord my soul to keep.

If I should die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul will take.

God bless mommy. God bless Daddy.

God bless the whole world… Amen.


My prayer were basically memorized poems until I was about six and started to add unique request to my prayers like, "God can you make all the boys in the world like me… well all the boys that are not crazy…and not the ones that are too old for me." I always believed that God would answer my prayers; no not all the boys in the world liked me. God answered my prayer by helping me to only want boys that I liked to like me back. Everyone that I prayed for is still alive and well. I did not doubt that my prayers could be answered so I prayed more and more, especially in my teen years.

Starting college was the best and worst of times. I was having a lot of fun and maintained a high GPA but I still felt a void. I started to remember the broken promises that I'd made to God and I felt an urgency to get closer to Him. I started to visit churches but it took a couple of years before I found the right one. This church taught me how to maintain a close relationship with God. I decided since I was born again I would abstain from all physical intimacy with men until I was married. I attempted to get rid of anything that I could hinder my new focus and found it to be surprisingly easy. I fell in love with God's Word, God's church and with Jesus; that was all I needed.

At that time my life was hectic. My busy schedule and lack of sleep started to slow me down. I remember one day trying to sit at my desk to study the bible but I was in a lot of pain. Then it dawned on me, if I can pray for anything I want. I wanted to feel better and I wanted God to touch me. I shyly asked Him to rub my back and take the pain away. Before I could finish my sentence I felt this strange but great physical sensation; my back felt as if I was receiving a light massage and the pain just seemed to melt away. Later that week I was walking to class and felt a little worried about how I would do on my test? I silently said a prayer to God asking him to bless my efforts on my exam and asked Him if he would give me a hug. Again God was there and He answered my prayer.

My heart warmed with the possibilities. I use to read the bible and feel a little jealous of the prophets; they talked to God all the time, some saw angels and Moses actually saw His back. Still I was scared to see God and thought I should ask for something a else. Now I believed that any request would be answered so I searched my heart for its desires. Not a car, not a boyfriend but a kiss… a kiss from God himself. One morning I walked outside on a cool winter's day and silently asked god for a kiss. About five seconds later I spotted a snowflake that landed on my bottom lip and melted. I was elated, not just because he kissed me but it comforted me in so many ways: He touched me, He answered my strange prayer, He Loves me, I can ask him for anything, and He knows that I am faithful.

I couldn't wait to go to church to tell them of my personal miracle. A few days later at church a friend pulled me aside and confessed to me that she was worried that it would take a long time to get married. She was starting to miss physical intimacy and was not sure how much longer she could wait. So I told her about my snow kiss miracle with the intention of helping her to focus on God and trust that he would meet all her needs. Instead she looked disgusted. After telling her my story she said that I was sick to ask God. I was not sure my story upset her; I guess her though I was advising her to let God meet her sexual needs. There was no doubt in my mind that my miracle was pure and that God did not condemn me for my request.
When times get hard and I feel like I'm losing faith I think of my snow kiss from God. Then I remember that He loves me and that everything will be alright.


Related LL&L Articles:

Matthew 21:18-22

I Kissed the Lord

This entry was posted on 9:00 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

4 comments:

On May 27, 2009 at 3:08 PM , SUPER FIT DIVA said...

Thanks for visiting my blog--looks like you have quite the blog here!

 
On May 28, 2009 at 10:14 AM , 3L said...

Thank you : ) and your welcome.

 
On July 18, 2009 at 2:15 AM , ICM said...

Nice blog, when will you host another carnival?

 
On July 30, 2009 at 2:43 PM , 3L said...

Thank you so much. I hope soon.